Hereworks part of McKeon Group is a digital first innovator in the construction, building services and smart building sectors, specialising in the planning, management and delivery of detail-focused, high-quality projects for our clients. We operate across a range of sectors including commercial, hospitality, healthcare, pharmaceutical, industrial, retail and education.
McKeon Group prides itself on its exceptional and motivated people from senior leadership to onsite staff. Great care and attention go into recruitment, we want to work with high quality, experienced people who will add to the culture, competencies and ethos. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the role of Bid Executive to Co-ordinate bid/contract opportunities for the group.
We are a digital first organisation that has evolved through innovation and progressive leadership; we work hard to ensure we fulfil our promise to plan, communicate and deliver projects of the highest standard with an emphasis on safety, sustainability and quality.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of the group and will support sales and marketing in developing new business potential and opportunities with new and existing customers. This will include supporting with content creation and marketing output on digital platforms. Mentoring and further training will be provided, this role provides an excellent opportunity to progress within the organisation.
Summary of Role:
- Co-ordinate bid/contract opportunities for the group
- Ensure proposals are developed and submitted in a timely and cost-effective manner, in accordance with an agreed strategic direction, and meeting the stated deadlines of the client
- To liaise with the Project Management team to identify and build a project specific response as per the MEAT criteria in each RFT document and manage standard bid process for each department
- Support sales and marketing in developing new business potential and opportunities with new and existing customers, this will include supporting with content creation and marketing output on digital platforms
- Liaise with marketing to ensure that bid output matches the group and departmental value propositions
- Daily e-Tender Review & opportunity summary share
- RFT summary and Bid/no bid opportunity
- CRM Data entry and monitoring of department virtual “whiteboards”
- Preparation of bid documentation
- Oversight of the bid process: o Documentation management o Co-ordinate ownership requirements for preparation of bid documentation o Schedule and Convene bid and project team meetings o Submission requirements o Preparation of hard copy submissions if required– printing / binding etc
- Support prequal and tender process and submissions
- Pre and post-bid business presentation preparation
- Writing / tailoring tender content o Relevant client research o Executive summaries o CV’s o Sample projects o Methodologies (support) o Quality Documentation
- Post-tender debrief & lessons learned
- Manage and communicate RFIs to and from external consultants, architects and clients
- Write new sector-specific company CVs for tender issue
- Write new project case studies on completion
- Support internal EHSQ documentation production/management
- Manage bid library, response templates, manage ongoing updates and improvements collaboratively
- Proven track record in bid writing and co-ordination
- Ability to understand and leverage existing Company systems to provide solutions to the business and recommend new systems when required
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Must have clear and professional communication skills (written and oral)
- Extremely proficient user of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) – MS Project would be an advantage
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients, and colleagues and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Self-starter capable of working independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
Hybrid Role – Head Office Ashbourne & Remote Working