Lead Software Engineer
Hereworks is a provider of commercial Smart Building & Technology solutions globally. We offer end-to-end solutions, including Smart Building Technologies, Master Systems Integrator (MSI), IoT, Audio Visual Solutions, and more. We are unique in our ability to provide an integrated approach to our client’s needs, ensuring that client brand and communication goals are met in a powerful combination of relevant solutions.
Hereworks’ very own SaaS solution for Smart Buildings is called Hereworks Happy™. This holistic platform puts the occupant of a commercial building first. The platform ensures the occupant experience in the commercial property will be optimal, using the latest technology and is all centred around our unique “Hereworks Happy™ Score”. The Hereworks Happy™ Score is a percentage score for the building and is unique to Hereworks. The goal is to achieve 100% happiness for the establishment and to create a comfortable, productive, warm, engaged, secure and healthy workspace. This ensures the well-being of occupants while operating at maximum efficiency and minimum carbon emissions.
The Hereworks Happy platform is built on Serverless AWS Architecture and consists of Database Backend, 2 mobile apps and a Web App/Insights Platform. All front-end applications are React Native.
- Mobile App for the Building occupant
- Mobile App for Facility Managers and Workplace Teams
- Web App Insights Platform for Facility Managers and Workplace Teams
One Major Component Feature of the Hereworks Happy Platform is called “Solve”, which is all about Fast, Smart Location Aware Reporting of Building Problems.
Hereworks are at the cutting edge of the Smart Building Industry, and our clients include many Leading Large Multinationals in the Technology & Financial Sectors.
What’s the Opportunity (Role)
We seek an ambitious, self-motivated, hard-working individual with a proven track record to become a Senior Member of the Hereworks Happy Dev. Team.
The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for developing the Hereworks Happy Platform with input from our in-house Mobile & Web App developers, Design Team & Product Manager. This position requires a team player with the right mix of technical capabilities, who is capable of working with the Team both in-person and remote working, has creativity and self-motivation, can find solutions and implement best practice techniques so that, together, we can bring our new platform to market.
As this is a Lead & Senior Role in the Team, the successful candidate must be able to mentor and lead the rest of the Software Engineering Team, ensure coding standards are met, and understand the entire Feature Stack of the Hereworks Happy Product.
The product will be fully launched publicly this year. As such, this will be a rewarding and challenging career opportunity for the suitable Individual with a competitive salary based on experience and ambition.
The Lead Software Engineer will report directly to the Product Manager on the Team and work closely with our CTO, who is responsible for architecting the technology solutions.
Developer for Hereworks HappyTM including
- Holistically manage the entire Software Development Team with architectural Direction from our CTO
- Define web architectures and solutions from business requirements, produce estimates and timelines, and manage delivery against those plans
- Produce reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Ensure Cost Affective Web Services are used to prevent bloating and wasteful cost creep
- Implement secure by-design standards, including data protection in-line with our ISMS (ISO 27001)
- Integrate data storage solutions
- Ensure application performance, quality, and responsiveness
- Led & Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks as well as fix bugs
- Assist in troubleshooting and repairing system issues
- They are being available for support, especially for critical systems and technology of their own making
- Full compliance with company and customer safety systems
- Manage mid-level Full stack developer
Experience / Skills Required:
Minimum 5 years of experience working with the below technologies and programming languages
Strong proficiency in the following AWS Cloud Services:
- Lambda with NodeJS and API Gateway for serverless API backend layer
- DynamoDB and OpenSearch databases
- CloudFront (with S3, Lambda@Edge, WAF)
- IoT Core (MQTT, certificate management, routing rules and Lambda function integration)
- Other AWS services including Route 53, CloudWatch, EventBridge, EC2, SES)
- Ability to program in Python3 for API test scripts and Database management
- Designing Database Schemas
- Programming tools & collaboration platforms: Git/GitHub
- Documentation standards: GitHub Markdown, GitHub Wiki
- Experience with back-end data management that optimizes RESTful APIs with back-end microservices to support varied user platforms including desktop and mobile (iOS & Android)
- Experienced with working on network/software security technologies (TLS encryption/AWS Security groups/AWS IAM policies)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leading a Team with a positive attitude always looking to empower the success of others
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Design, develop and document APIs
- Peer code review
- Integration with 3rd party API system
- Frameworks: React Native for IOS/Android App development & deployment.
- Ability to program in TypeScript
- Support libraries as required: e.g. Firebase, AWS Amplify, Charting libraries
- Experience working with chart and graphing libraries.
- Have used Jira and Figma for project management
- Have used Postman for API testing and monitoring
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Computer Science degree or similar. Masters Degree would be an advantage
Competitive Salary based on experience and qualifications ( starting from €75,000 per annum)
- Pension Scheme
- Income Protection and Death in Service scheme
- Hereworks prides itself on its exceptional and motivated people and you will be joining a high functioning, professional, warm, welcoming and enthusiastic team.
- Hybrid Working Options
- Membership of Employee Assistance Programme
- Please List and Outline your experience with the AWS services mentioned above
- Please outline your experience with leading a software development team
- Please outline your experience with IoT or your Understanding of the Smart Building Industry
How to Apply:
Please submit a CV and cover letter addressing the screening questions above to firstname.lastname@example.org