Hereworks is a provider of commercial Smart Building & Technology solutions throughout Ireland and beyond. We offer end-to-end solutions including Smart Building Technologies, IoT, Audio Visual Solutions, Telecommunication Systems and much more. We are unique in our ability to provide an integrated approach to our clients’ needs, ensuring that client brand and communication goals are met in a powerful combination of relevant solutions. The Software Engineer Role is to work across two business units within Hereworks.
Master Systems Integrator (MSI)
Hereworks’ Master Systems Integrator (MSI) Service is unique to the Irish market and a combination of our Technology Disciplines within Hereworks coupled with our Mechanical, Electrical, BMS & Project Management expertise from the wider McKeon Group. Hereworks’ MSI’s ensure all intelligent building systems within a smart building communicate properly, they collaborate with the client and all project stakeholders to ensure systems will be accessible and usable, while developing software layers for integration, aggregation and communication of the buildings systems.
Our MSI Clients include some of the largest Technology Companies in the world who are pushing the boundaries of what is possible with Smart Buildings.
Hereworks Happy Platform
A Hereworks Happy Building puts the occupants of commercial buildings first. Ensuring their comfort by directing them to areas of the building that precisely meets their preferences. A single pain of glass is provided via the Happy App to all building features including Hot Desk Booking, Parking, ‘Find my Colleague’, Meeting Room Control, Event Information and much more. The Hereworks Happy Platform monitors the internal and external environments of the building. This data is then used to optimise the building and provide a Happiness Score. The goal is to achieve 100% happiness for the building ensuring the wellbeing of occupants while operating at maximum efficiency.
The Software Engineer will work as part of the MSI and Hereworks Happy Team to develop and deliver truly smart buildings for our clients. Reporting to our Snr. Software Engineers, This will be a rewarding and exciting career opportunity for the right Individual working on the cutting edge of Smart Building
- Programmer for the Hereworks MSI Service including;
- -> Scripting to automate on-boarding of building systems to cloud platforms
- -> Middleware software layers for integration of hardware
- -> Integration with 3rd party API systems
- Development of Hereworks Happy Platform including;
- -> Develop Admin Dashboard (react.js)
- -> Developing within AWS IOT Core (Lamda etc)
- Use manufacturer specific tools to Interface with BMS Systems (Manufacturer Specific) Niagara, Sauter, EasyIO, Delta Cylon etc.
- Work with the team to supply input and feedback into all technical aspects of the Hereworks MSI Service and Hereworks Happy Platform
- Self-documentation of all technical development work
- Assist in troubleshooting and repairing system issues
- Full compliance with company and customer safety systems
- Any other duties as required from time to time
Experience / Skills Required
- Computer Science degree
- Minimum 2 Years Post Graduate Experience
- HTML 5 experience would be an advantage
- Building Services Background/Experience would be highly advantageous including:
- -> Building Management Systems (BMS) – Niagara, Sauter, EasyIO, Delta Cylon etc
- -> Niagara Framework
- Demonstrate an understanding of:
- -> BrickSchema (https://brickschema.org/)
- -> Project Haystack (https://project-haystack.org/ )
- -> Google Digital Buildings Project (https://github.com/google/digitalbuildings)
- Programming tools & collaboration platforms: Git/Github
- Documentation standards: GitHub Markdown, GitHub Wiki.
- Experience with Secure MQTT
- Google Cloud Platform (Mainly IOT Core)
- A knowledge of AWS IOT related services would be advantageous
- Understanding of REST and API communications.
- Knowledge of network/software security technologies (SSL/encryption/AWS Security groups/AWS IAM policies)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Should be responsible, flexible, self-motivated, hardworking and well-organised with the ability to work well in a team-based environment both on-site and remote working
€40-€50k Depending On Experience