Smart Building Conference & Integrated Systems Europe
Tomás our CEO was honored to speak about what Hereworks has learned as a Master Systems Integrator (MSI) at this year’s Smart Building Conference during Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2022 in Barcelona. Hereworks are taking smart buildings & integrated systems one step further as an MSI.
If you didn’t make it over this year, you can catch his talk below.
As a Master Systems Integrator, we’ve learned a lot about what it takes to make your building work for you. Focusing on the humans using the buildings is the answer hence why people are at the heart of everything we do.
Some key points he covered:
- Focus on the Human and we will get everything right
- Get a single source of truth from the data that is simplified and easy to understand
- Early engagement of the MSI is key to success
- People skills are essential in a MSI
- MSI needs to be agile
- Achieve sustainability targets at a minimum
- Reimagine Facility Management, HR and Real Estate with data that can be used to inspire employees
- Inspired employees are 225% more productive than a satisfied employee
- Remove barriers to work to create inspired employees
- Find and retain great talent
- Security is of utmost importance
- MSI needs to work on the “As a Service” model – an MSI’s job does not finish when construction does
If you want to collect the data being produced by a Smart building so that you can interpret it and use it to improve the occupants’ experience of the building, you’ll need an MSI to develop software layers. These layers will be responsible for the integration, aggregation and communication of the building’s systems.
Smart Buildings & Integrated Systems need to do more now, the solution is a secure data lake so we can get real insights that can be understood easily and are actionable.
Interested to know more and finding out how to make your buildings smart then take a look at our Smart Buildings MSI page.