Smart Building / MSI Project Manager
Introduction / What we do at Hereworks
Hereworks is a provider of commercial Smart Building and technology solutions throughout Ireland, the UK and beyond. We offer end-to-end solutions including Smart Building Technologies, IoT, Audio Visual Solutions, Telecommunication Systems and much more. We are unique in our ability to provide an integrated approach to our client’s needs, ensuring that client brand and communication goals are met in a powerful combination of relevant solutions.
Master Systems Integrator (MSI)
Hereworks’ Master Systems Integrator (MSI) Service is unique to the Irish and UK markets. It is a combination of our Technology Disciplines within Hereworks coupled with our Mechanical, Electrical, BMS and Project Management expertise from the wider McKeon Group. Hereworks’ MSIs ensure all intelligent building systems within a smart building communicate properly. They collaborate with the client and all project stakeholders to ensure systems will be accessible and usable while developing software layers for integration, aggregation and communication of the building systems, including, but not limited to:
- Amazon (AWS) IoT Core / Google (GCP) IoT Core
- Safety & Security – Intruder, Fire, Access Control, CCTV, Lifts
- Telecommunications & IT Systems – UC, In-Building Cellular
- Audio Visual Systems – Digital Signage, Wayfinding, Info Kiosks
- BMS Systems – HVAC, Lighting
- Room, Desk & Parking Booking Systems
- Space Analytics Systems
- Energy Monitoring Systems (EMS)
Our MSI Clients include some of the largest Technology Companies in the world, who are pushing the boundaries of what is possible with Smart Buildings. Our team is made up of Project Managers, Network and Software Engineers, Building Services Engineers, Controls specialists and System Architects.
What’s the opportunity? (Role)
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the team. Working as part of a highly technical team, you will be responsible for leading our projects in the UK.
- Leading Projects: The Project Manager will take the lead in managing and directing projects within the MSI team. This involves planning, organising, and overseeing the execution of tasks to achieve project goals.
- Alignment with MSI Service Objectives: The role requires aligning the team's efforts with the objectives of the Master Systems Integration service. This might involve ensuring that projects contribute to the development and implementation of ontologies, technical submittal reviews, data migration processes, and program development.
- Compliance with Security Standards: The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that data migration processes are conducted securely and in accordance with the ISO 27001 standard. This involves implementing and maintaining security-conscious practices throughout the project lifecycle.
- Program Development: The role may involve contributing to the development of programs within the MSI service. This could include creating and refining processes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall service.
- Stakeholder Liaison: The Project Manager will engage with various stakeholders, including clients, consultants, main contractors, and Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) teams. Effective communication and collaboration with these groups are essential for project success.
- Reporting: The Project Manager will report to the MSI Director, providing updates on project progress, challenges, and achievements. This ensures transparency and helps the leadership team make informed decisions.
Benefits of joining us in the Smart Building / MSI Project Manager Role
- Hereworks prides itself on its exceptional and motivated people, and you will be joining a professional, warm, welcoming and enthusiastic team
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a broad and diverse range of technologies
- Training and mentoring will be provided for this exciting new type of role in the Smart Building Industry
- Hybrid Working Options
- Pension Scheme
- Income Protection and Death in Service scheme
- Membership of Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent opportunity to advance your career and progress within the Group
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
What will you be doing? (Responsibilities)
- Work with the MSI team to supply input and feedback on all technical aspects of the Hereworks MSI Service
- Self-documentation of all technical development work
- Full compliance with company and customer security and safety systems
- Any other duties as required from time to time
- Business development through assistance in project design and delivery
- Development of documentation to support processes, policies and procedures
What do you need? (Requirements)
- Prior experience in an M&E, Controls or Software Project Management role
- Relevant qualification in Project Management (e.g., PMP, PRINCE2)
- Experience in leading teams aligned to Lean and Agile project management an advantage
- Educated to Degree level with an emphasis on Mechanical, Electrical, Network or Software Engineering an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of M&E and control systems
- Ability to lead teams with a vast array of skills across Software, Network and Building Services Engineering, Controls specialists and System Architects.
- Good understanding of networking principles
What would be an Advantage?
- Knowledge of working in AWS, GCP and migration of data from building outputs to data lake
- Previous experience working with a Master Systems Integrator or Controls Specialist.
- Demonstrate an understanding of / the ability to learn the concepts of:
All Candidates should have:
Project Management Skills:
- Planning and Organisation: Ability to develop and execute comprehensive project plans, considering timelines, resources, and milestones.
- Risk Management: Proficiency in identifying and mitigating potential risks to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Budget Management: Capability to manage project budgets effectively and efficiently allocate resources.
- Understanding of MSI Concepts: Familiarity with Master Systems Integration concepts and practices, including ontologies, data migration, and technical submittal review.
- Technical Background: A background in a technical field related to systems integration, information technology, or a relevant domain.
Security and Compliance:
- ISO 27001 Knowledge: Understanding of ISO 27001 standards and experience implementing security-conscious practices in data migration and other technical processes.
Communication and Stakeholder Management:
- Client and Team Interaction: Strong communication skills to liaise effectively with clients, consultants, main contractors, and internal teams.
- Negotiation Skills: Ability to negotiate and manage expectations, ensuring alignment among diverse stakeholders.
Leadership and Team Collaboration:
- Team Leadership: Experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing project requirements and priorities.
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making:
- Analytical Thinking: Strong analytical skills to assess situations, identify problems, and propose effective solutions.
- Decision-Making: Confidence in making informed decisions that align with project objectives and organisational goals.
- Outcome-Driven: A focus on delivering tangible results and achieving project goals within specified timelines.
- Client Relationship Management: Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with clients, ensuring their needs and expectations are met.
- Process Optimisation: A mindset for continuously improving project management processes and methodologies.
- Integrity: High ethical standards and integrity, especially when dealing with sensitive information and compliance requirements.
Education and Certifications:
- Project Management Certification: Possession of relevant project management certifications (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2)
- Technical Certifications: Relevant technical certifications in systems integration or related fields.
Salary: Depending on Experience – Starting from £60,000 per annum.
Location: UK Office (London, Cambridge), Remote Working and Client sites as required.